The mission of the Master of Science in Project Management (Online) at Northeastern University is to prepare learners as project management practitioners capable of applying project management processes and the technical, professional, and strategic expertise necessary for managing projects successfully.
With emphasis on experiential learning, the program provides dynamic opportunities for learners with varying degrees of work experience to practice their knowledge both globally and collaboratively while implementing traditional and innovative project management concepts to real-life and complex projects.
Companies succeed or fail based on their ability to bring quality products and services to market in a timely manner.
Without skilled project managers in place, companies are challenged to deliver projects on time, on budget, and according to specifications.
From inception to completion, project managers are responsible for every step in the process: project definition, cost and risk estimation, schedule planning and monitoring, budget management, negotiation and conflict resolution, project leadership, and project presentation and evaluation.
Rapid technological and digital transformation, with never-ending disruption, require project managers to be true innovators within their organizations.
Now is the time for professionals and job-seekers to build project management skills, as demand for these skills outstrips supply.
In the United States, this growth will mean:
- Rising salaries
- Growth in the project-intensive sectors of manufacturing, business services, finance and insurance, oil and gas, information services, construction, and utilities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Project Management
- Project Management Practices
- Project Scope Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Scheduling and Cost Planning
- Project Quality Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesProject Management Management, Organisation & Leadership View 637 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identify your educational goals and expectations of the program
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- Two letters of recommendation: from individuals who have either academic or professional knowledge of your capabilities such as a faculty member, colleague, or mentor, preferably one from your current employer
English language proficiency proof: students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, or NU Global Exam scores
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National22666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.