Throughout this Workplace Learning With Coaching and Mentoring module from The Open University UK there will be an emphasis on workplace and practice based learning and, relatedly, on professionalism and continuous professional development. Students will look closely at coaching and mentoring in the workplace and will have an opportunity to develop and practise their own coaching and mentoring skills.
This module is part of a qualification that provides a route to professional membership of the CIPD if you wish to develop a career in HR management. It will also provide training in research and academic skills if you want to develop an academic career in the field of HR management.
More generally, by studying a postgraduate business qualification you can expect your salary to increase and for it to have a positive impact on your career progression, as well as bringing improvements to their organisation.
By the end of this module you will have:
- critically reviewed the processes of formulating strategies for managing learning and development within the organisation and for identifying and managing the development of talent.
- examined a range of possible interventions to support learning and talent development in the workplace and critically examined the theories and models which underpin these.
- demonstrated an understanding of the concept of professionalism’, particularly as it applies to HRD and of the relationship between ethical principles to HRD practice.
- explored the principles and practice of work-based learning and of continuous professional development
- evaluated the psychological theories which underpin the use of coaching and mentoring interventions and considered the organisation factors to be taken into account in using these to support learning and talent development.
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Coaching View 20 other Masters in Coaching in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The Open University UK and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- This is an optional module in our MSc in Human Resource Management and therefore you must hold a BA/BSc degree awarded by a recognised university, or equivalent. You should study The human resource professional (B863) before taking this module.
International2305 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2305 GBP per year during 6 months.
National1690 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1690 GBP per year during 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.