This Educational Leadership - Exploring Strategy module from The Open University UK also looks at the research behind the theories, takes an experiential learning and reflective practitioner approach and helps you to examine current issues and concerns in your own practice settings. The module uses a blend of learning methods, including peer collaborative learning, a Reader containing material by major authors in the field and audio-visual material providing UK and international examples of leadership practice.
What you will study
This module enables you to explore current thinking on educational leadership and encourages effective integration of theory and practice in developing your leadership skills. Designed to meet the professional development needs of teachers, middle and senior leaders and others working in educational and related organisations, the module will develop your understanding of educational leadership, particularly in relation to strategic planning and change. You will engage in critical reflection and develop your analysis and communication skills as well as your understanding of research processes and thinking. You do not need to have a designated leadership post to benefit from this module, but it is desirable to be working in an educational organisation or have access to one, to aid your reflection and your research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThis module will enable you to develop:
- knowledge and understanding of key concepts, current debates, themes and issues in educational leadership and management and their application to practice in a range of contexts, including the wider political, economic and social ones;
- knowledge and understanding of approaches to the practice of applied research and ethical issues relating to research and enquiry; the processes entailed in carrying out a small scale research enquiry such that you will be able to undertake practice-based enquiry in an area of educational leadership and management of interest to you;
- the ability to critically reflect on the area of your own educational leadership and management practice, following an appraisal and critical review of academic publications sourced for the purpose.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 13 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 244 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We’ve designed this Stage 2 module to follow the Stage 1 module Educational leadership: agency, professional and change (EE811). You must have passed this or another Stage 1 module from the Masters in Education (F70).
- You should be prepared for study at postgraduate level and have the minimum of a bachelors degree (in any subject) from a UK University or an equivalent professional qualification. We warmly welcome applications from students who have an undergraduate degree level qualification from universities outside the UK and which is deemed equivalent to a UK higher education degree.
- You will need access to an educational setting that can be linked to your study in order to collect data for your dissertation.
- You need to be able to spend approximately 12-15 hours per week on studying this module.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3073 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3330 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 13 months.
EU/EEA3073 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3330 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 13 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.