The Educational Leadership - Agency, Professional Learning and Change module from The Open University UK will help you to examine current issues and concerns in your own practice through collaborative learning with other students, contributing to your own identity as a practice leader. Through an experiential and reflective practice approach its focus on your individual professional development within your place of work means that it is essential that you have access to an education setting that can be linked to your study.
This module is explicitly focussed on developing your educational practice. As such it will enhance your ability to provide educational leadership within your organisation or sector.
The module is divided into five sections. The first:
- welcomes you to the Leadership and Management route within the Masters degree in Education
- provides a brief overview of the field of educational leadership
- introduces some key concepts that will be used throughout the module, including: views of knowledge, agency, power and identity
- gets you to set up your learning journal and to start reflecting on your professional practice
- helps you to engage with the other students in your tutor group through a structured discussion forum
- explains some of the research skills that you will develop as you work through the module (e.g. searching the literature, reading critically, evaluating ideas)
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management Studies Educational Leadership View 195 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You should be prepared for study at postgraduate level and have the minimum of a bachelors degree (in any subject) from a UK University or an equivalent professional qualification. We warmly welcome applications from students who have an undergraduate degree level qualification from universities outside the UK and which is deemed equivalent to a UK higher education degree.
- You must have access to an educational setting that can be linked with your study.
- You need to be able to spend approximately 15-18 hours per week on studying this module.
International3475 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3475 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.
National3475 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3475 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.