This Dissertation (HRM) module from The Open University UK will enable you to demonstrate the research skills expected at Masters level. These include the ability to: formulate a research problem; review relevant literature; design research to address the problem; collect and analyse data; and communicate findings and conclusions effectively. The module is a 12-month programme which requires you to carry out a research project in HRM and write a dissertation.
The module provides you with an opportunity to carry out a research project which has relevance for business and HR practice.
The module is organised into the following five stages and each stage supports the drafting of different parts or chapters of the dissertation.
- Stage 1 - Preparing for your dissertation and starting your research
- Stage 2 - Reviewing the literature and refining your research ideas and question(s)
- Stage 3 - Research methodology: Research approach, design and methods
- Stage 4 - Carrying out your research and analysing your data
- Stage 5 - Completing, Writing Up and Concluding.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Human Resource Management View 60 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
This is a compulsory module in the MSc in Human Resource Management and will be the final module that you study. Please see MSc in Human Resource Management (F68) for full details of the entry requirements for this qualification. The module requires 600 hours of study over 12 months.
- You must have studied the compulsory modules The human resource professional (B863) and Human resource management in context (B864) and it is recommended that you complete your optional modules before taking this module.
- If you have completed a CIPD diploma elsewhere you can take this module in order to gain a CIPD validated MSc in Human Resource Management.
International4605 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4605 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National4605 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4605 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.