The Derivatives and Risk Management module from The Open University UK will introduce key tools such as derivatives and risk mapping and also discuss the linkages of risk management with the organisational strategic plan. The module will also introduce enterprise risk management processes and the implications of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for financial risk management.
Employment opportunities in the field of risk management are growing as a result of recent events. Derivatives and Risk Management will be of particular interest to you if you are working, or planning to work, in an organisation in the financial sector or in the finance division of a company or public sector/not-for-profit organisation. The subject matter of the course is, though, designed to be useful for managers and prospective managers whose immediate responsibilities are outside the domain of risk management. Given the growing catalogue of risk management failures in all sectors - and the growing emphasis being placed on effective risk management by all organisations - the content of this course will provide knowledge and skills that all effective managers should possess.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
This module aims to enable you to:
- understand risk management
- examine and understand equity and debt finance - both the forms they take and the processes for raising them
- explain credit risk, liquidity risk, FX risk, interest rate risk, contingency risk and operational risk and help you understand how these risks can be measured and managed.
The module will enable you to develop the following skills and abilities:
- understand how companies and public sector and ‘not-for-profit’ sector organisations raise finance
- understand different features of financing instruments
- undertake a ‘risk-mapping’ of a company or organisation
- measure financial risks
- understand how and why financial risks can be managed (with a focus on how derivatives and other financial instruments may be employed)
- understand the implications of IFRS for financial risk management
- appreciate the benefits of an integrated Enterprise Risk Management approach
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Risk Management View 19 other Masters in Risk Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All entrants must hold a BA/BSc degree awarded by a recognised university, or equivalent.
- Various higher education and professional qualifications are considered equivalent to a degree. If you hold a qualification that you believe is an equivalent level to a UK degree you should contact us.
- You will also need an appropriate facility in English language, sufficient to be able to work effectively at postgraduate level; generally this means capability equivalent to an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.5.
- It is strongly recommended that you are comfortable with the use of numerical methods and use of spreadsheets.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2145 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2145 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
EU/EEA2145 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2145 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.