We offer a master degree in Theoretical Physics at the Autonomous University of Madrid. This Master naturally leads to PhD studies. The training received during the Master is equivalent to that of the most demanding European schools, and is similar to that obtained in the postgraduate programs of prestigious North American universities.
The skills acquired upon completion of the Master are valuable in competing for jobs of a diverse nature, both in the academic or scientific domain and in applied research in such diverse fields as Economics, IT and Communication technologies, Medicine and many others.
- Development of scientific research in an independent way
- Development and use of new technologies at both the academic and business level.
- Development of instrumentation in Particle Physics and Astronomy, from Earth as well as from Space, etc.
- Perception of physics from a human, scientific and technical perspective
- Distribution of the achievements of Particle Physics, Cosmology and Astrophysics in society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThe research fields are:
- Space Sciences
- Computer science: software and hardware development
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The student must be graduate (Bachelor or Degree) in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Engineering (in one of the following designations: Aeronautical / Aerospace, Civil and Land, Materials, roads, canals and ports, Industrial / Industrial Technologies, Energy, Chemical, Maritime, Naval and Ocean, Telecommunication or Geomatics and Surveying) or equivalent degrees from foreign universities.
- It is also required to have a B2 level in knowledge of English language or the equivalent level required for obtaining Bachellor degree (Grado) at the UAM Faculty of Science.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.