With our state-of-the-art facilities and science-based approach, you will gain a solid understanding of the applied practical skills, psychology, developmental and advanced practise in coaching. Alongside seminar-based teaching, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in our specialist laboratory facilities and on an optional coaching placement. Coaching placements are undertaken with an employer over 8 – 10 weeks, enabling you to develop your coaching delivery and prepare you for employment.
- Masterclasses in coaching
- Youth athletic development
- Skill acquisition in coaching
- Adapted coaching
The sports science and coaching sectors are booming and provide a variety of careers for coaching science graduates. Typical career destinations include talent development/identification specialist, early years sports educator, PE teacher, coach education, sports development and academic research.
We have strong links with industry providers who may enable you to deliver coaching practises in a range of coaching environments, challenging you and helping you to further develop your coaching skills set. We also work closely with the University’s Careers Services to help you find out about further work experience, internships, placements, and voluntary opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Further Research Methods in Sport, Exercise and Health
- Research Project
- Skill Acquisition in Coaching
- Youth Athletic Development
- Disability, Sport and Social Change
- Coaching Practice Placement
- Masterclasses in Coaching
- Developing High-Performance Coach Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Coaching Sports Sciences View 373 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A degree with an overall 2.2 in a subject relevant to Sport Coaching or Sport Science, including Sport and Exercise Science, Sport and Exercise Physiology, Sports Coaching, Sports Development, Physical Education, Recreation and Leisure Studies.
- you must have a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (child and adult workforce, including child barred list). The DBS check is organised by the University. Please contact our DBS team if you have any questions relating to this.
- A satisfactory Overseas Criminal Record Check/Local Police Certificate is also required, inn addition to the DBS Check, where you have lived outside of the UK in the last 5 years for 6 months or more.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/UK fee: £4,600
- International fee: £9,870
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.