The Mass Communications programme offered by Unicaf Scholarships will address issues of policy, governance, professional practice, international communication flows, digitalisation, political economy, cultural practice and research methods.
The programme aims to provide a progressive and challenging curriculum that is informed by contemporary research and responsive to the changing nature of the Communication industries.
The specific aims of the programme are to enable students to:
- Critique key theories and concepts that underpin the study of mass communications
- Undertake the evaluation of contemporary mass communications scholarship and professional practice
- Critically debate the political, legal and ethical aspects of media and communication processes, systems and participation
- Recognise and anticipate developments in the role played by media and communication in economic and political organisation at local, national, regional, international and global levels
- Carry out original and independent research through the development of a critical appreciation of research methodologies appropriate for the study of media and mass communications
- Meet the challenges of employment in a global society through the development of their intellectual, analyticaland research skills related to the study of mass communication
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories Concepts & Debates in Mass Communications
- Digital Cultures
- New Media: Policy and Practice
- Perspectives on Mass Communication Research Methods
- Mass Communications Dissertation
- An accredited UK Honours degree with minimum 2.2 classification or international equivalent. Some professional qualifications may also be acceptable. Extensive professional experience may also be considered in exceptional cases.
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
- Personal Statement (minimum 500 words) explaining how the programme of study will benefit the student’s career progression.
- Up to date CV
- Two references (academic or professional) listed on CV stating referee’s full name, contact details, and relationship to the applicant.
Unicaf can prepare you for the brilliant future you and your family have been dreaming of. With generous scholarships that allow you to earn your degree at a fraction of the original cost. With the online provision of internationally recognised degrees, awarded by Unicaf’s partner universities in the UK, the US, Europe and Africa. With 24/7 access to study material, that allows you to keep your job and salary during your studies. Unicaf makes it easier to make your people proud!
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.