KTU’s MSc Textile and Clothing Technology is one of its kind in Lithuania. The study programme’s curriculum combines the provision of scientific knowledge with the latest insights on technological achievements and is based on the efficient interaction among studies, science, and business.
During your studies, you will acquire an understanding of original, complex and experimental methods used to create innovative solutions in textile and clothing industry and research. You will learn methods to solve classic and innovative textile engineering and textile finishing problems will understand the principles, related to the quality management of textile products.
Deep knowledge of textile and clothing products and technologies enables our graduates to create textile innovations while efficiently using contemporary technological and technical equipment. After your studies, you will be equipped with competencies to implement scientific and technological innovations in the textile industry, to carry out scientific and experimental research.
You will become an independent thinker, able to analyse the results of your research and to associate them with the changing professional environment creatively. These studies are a great opportunity for those willing to influence the textile and clothing industry and its sustainable development.
What will you study?
- Products: materials, innovations, functionality, creation, and modification
- Technologies: production, process management, finishing, implementation, equipment
- Research: structure, properties, quality, assessment
- Management: technological processes, quality control, and social responsibility
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mechanics and Design of Textile Materials
- Polymeric Materials Science
- Research Project
- Theory of Textile Experiments
- Engineering of Functional and Interactive Textile
- Research Project
- Simulation of Clothing Exploitation Processes
- Virtual Technologies in Apparel Industry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- a university Bachelor’s degree(min. length – 180 ECTS) in the field with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%),
- motivation (skype interview)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Partial tuition fee waivers (up to 50%) are available for all the students, depending on their chosen study programme and their admission score.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.