Develop your ability to improve others’ wellbeing through behaviour change intervention with this part-time, fully online Health Psychology MSc from the University of Liverpool.
This fully online programme will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to encourage behavioural change in people with illness, long term health conditions or looking to improve their physical wellbeing. In addition, you will develop advanced research skills, in both quantitative and qualitative methods. You will investigate historical and current theories and approaches within health psychology and explore various theoretical models of health-related behaviours. This will help you to develop the practical skills essential to the work of a health psychologist, including collaborative working, behaviour change, research skills and patient and public engagement skills.
Is this the right course for you?
This programme will introduce you to historical and current theories and approaches within health psychology and various theoretical models of health-related behaviours. You will also develop practical skills essential to the work of a health psychologist, including collaborative working, therapeutic skills, research skills and patient and public engagement skills.
Through this programme, you will:
- Learn from active research leaders. Our philosophy is to provide a research-connected student experience combining active learning and authentic assessment. You will be taught by some of the world’s leading academic experts who are passionate about their research activity. The department is part of the Institute of Population Health, and the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences which conducts innovative research in understanding how biology, behaviours, environments, policies, and technologies interact to determine physical and mental health, wellbeing, and life chances.
- Immerse yourself in action-based learning. Your study activities are designed to actively engage you in solving real world problems within their context. This will enable you to integrate new knowledge into your working and social environment.
- Prepare for your professional career. Our curriculum content and teaching have been developed with a strong focus on your future employment.
Learn from industry experts.
This online master's degree is run by The Department of Psychology at the University of Liverpool, which is one of the UK’s oldest academic psychology departments, having been established in 1947. We are known for our world-class research, which is focused on improving the health, wellbeing, and lives of societies across the globe. Today we are one of the UK’s leading psychology departments.
Enhance your career opportunities.
Typically, graduates will pursue careers in health promotion, public health, policy environments or research, teaching and academia. Some graduates will undertake further study in an area of psychology, apply for a PhD, or go on to complete their Stage 2 Qualification in Health Psychology via either the Doctoral Route, or the BPS Route.
Love what you've read so far?
Visit our website for more information on this programme or contact one of our admission advisers to get your questions answered.
One of the best ways to see if the programme is right for you is to join one of our regular virtual events where you will be introduced to our range of online programmes, our online learning facilities, and Q&A’s with staff to help you make the best decision about the future of your education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Learn online anytime, anywhere.
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessment is exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 510 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants should have:
- Minimum of a 2:1 class degree in psychology or a related subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
EU/EEA6120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
Regional Scholarships of up to 15% are available for international students based overseas in eligible countries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.