Learn how to inspire others, drive innovation, and lead effectively within healthcare organisations with this part-time, fully online Healthcare Leadership MSc from the University of Liverpool.
Through our unique interdisciplinary programmes, you will have the opportunity to explore leadership and management concepts, models and frameworks and learn how to apply them to healthcare environments, from a small practice to larger settings, of both a clinical and non-clinical nature.
In addition to learning how to lead at an individual, team, organisational and national levels, you will gain an understanding of key contemporary issues within changing healthcare contexts and the ability to recommend innovative and high-quality solutions.
Is this the right course for you?
On this programme, you will be able to explore leadership and management theories, models, and concepts, and learn how to apply them within a healthcare setting. You will gain advanced knowledge of health organisations and the changing context in which they operate, combined with an ability to effectively lead your team, and make strategic decisions.
Towards the end of the programme, you will undertake a project to evaluate the impact of a particular aspect of organisational change, and how that contributes to improvements within healthcare services.
Through this programme, you will:
- Experience a unique interdisciplinary programme. Our Healthcare Leadership programmes are delivered in collaboration with the School of Medicine at the University of Liverpool, one of the largest medical education providers in the UK. You will learn from leading professionals in academic, and healthcare leadership positions, benefitting from real-life experiences of leading and managing healthcare across a wide range of services and organisations.
- Benefit from a gold standard education. The Management School is among an elite group of business schools to be triple-accredited with AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS. Our pioneering School of Medicine was established in 1834 and has been at the forefront of medical practice and research for over 180 years.
- Take part in a collaborative and active learning approach. You will be encouraged to exchange ideas and experiences via discussion forums and to conduct collective analysis of case studies, which facilitates collaborative sense-making and problem-solving.
- Study career-focused modules to prepare for working in varied healthcare settings. The activities and assessments enable you to engage with work-based issues within the healthcare arena, including analysing and reflecting on your own work organisation and role.
Learn from industry experts.
This online master's in healthcare leadership is run by the Management School in collaboration with the School of Medicine at the University of Liverpool who have designed unique interdisciplinary programmes to educate today’s healthcare professionals for tomorrow’s healthcare challenges. We provide postgraduate programmes that support your career development and equip you with the confidence, knowledge and skills that are essential for success within the 21st-century healthcare environment.
Enhance your career opportunities.
On completion of your programme, you will have the skills required to succeed in leadership and managerial roles within healthcare organisations, healthcare governing bodies, and community healthcare organisations, as well as in related sectors such as financial and consulting. These could include senior positions in clinical leadership, management, strategy, international development, research, finance, human resources, and marketing.
Love what you've read so far?
Visit our website for more information on this programme or contact one of our admission advisers to get your questions answered.
One of the best ways to see if the programme is right for you is to join one of our regular virtual events where you will be introduced to our range of online programmes, our online learning facilities, and Q&A’s with staff to help you make the best decision about the future of your education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Learn online anytime, anywhere.
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessment is exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Health Management Health Sciences View 469 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants should have either:
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in a relevant subject area, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, coupled with two years’ relevant professional experience in a healthcare related setting; or
- Professional work experience in other settings and/or other prior qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
National7200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
Executive Scholarships of 15% are available for all Business and Management programmes, including Healthcare Leadership MSc, for enrolments during the 2021/22 academic year. Regional Scholarships of up to 15% are available for international students based overseas in eligible countries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.