In just over two decades since its founding, National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE University) has emerged as a leading university for multidisciplinary research, international cooperation, and digital education in Russia. A dynamic institution serving more than 40,000 students at campuses in Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod, and Perm, HSE University is a leader in combining Russia’s education traditions with the best international practices in teaching and research.
Master of Data Science at Coursera in partnership with the National Research University Higher School of Economics is the first fully English-taught online data science Master’s from a Russian university. Unlike many online degrees in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States, this degree has no on-campus requirements. All meetings, coursework, and live class sessions are taught in English and replicate the practitioner’s work environment of real data scientists using Python, Github, and modern apps like Slack and Zoom.
Join more than 40,000 students who are transforming their careers at HSE University. Graduates of the MDS program will be fully prepared to enter or make progress in fields like analytics, data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence, and research.
When you graduate, you’ll be ready to:
- Code like an expert in Python
- Create machine learning models for practical and research-based environments
- Learn real-world applicable skills to work as a data scientist or machine learning engineer
- Leverage lifelong connections with HSE peers and faculty
- Python - Basic & Advanced, Algorithms and Data Structures
- Discrete Mathematics, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability Theory
- Statistics Basic, SQL, Machine Learning, Applied Machine Learning
- Data Scraping Project, Applied Statistics, Introduction to Deep Learning
- Machine Learning Project, Large Scale Machine Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 37 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible for the program, applicants must have an eligible bachelor’s degree. 3 year degrees and degrees of all majors and minors are valid.
- To apply for the program, applicants must submit a completed application form and include a diploma as well as recent academic transcripts.
- All applicants must pass an online exam that tests their proficiency in basic math.
International7547 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7547 EUR per year during 24 months.
National7547 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7547 EUR per year during 24 months.
675,000 - 1,350,000 RUB.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.