This Comparative International Relations programme at Ca' Foscari University of Venice is the only one in Italy focused on International Relations that provides you with a rich understanding of international law and economics while deepening your knowledge of languages and foreign cultures. It immerses you in linguistic and cultural studies regarding Europe, Asia and the Atlantic world, something Ca’ Foscari has done since its founding in 1868, and empowers you to explore, understand and analyse international relations through juridical, economic, historical and political lenses. By the end of the programme, you will be able to fluently communicate in both English and a second language as well as elaborate coherent strategies aimed at solving problems on an international scale.
Launching your career
As a graduate with an in-depth understanding of the complex dynamics of international relations as well as a nuanced familiarity with a specific geographic area, you will be prepared to assume a position of responsibility at businesses and organisations operating in international markets, local government and regional bodies, or at national and international institutes, agencies, foundations and study centres.
Career opportunities can be found in the following fields, among others:
- Public relations consultancy
- Journalism and broadcasting
- International marketing
- Image management
- Public service
The two-year study programme equips you with a solid linguistic training as well as a familiarity with international law and economics through a combination of course work, a thesis and a curricular internship, which can be carried out in Italy or abroad.You have 5 study paths, or curricula, to choose from, two of which are taught exclusively in English:
- European Union Studies (ENG)
- Global studies (ENG)
- Americas (ITA)
- East Asian (ITA)
- Eastern Europe (ITA)
- Each curriculum provides you with in-depth knowledge of a specific geo-political area by exploring its political, cultural, geographic and sociological dynamics.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Ca' Foscari will receive applications for the academic year until May 3 for NON-EU students and June 21 for EU students and the application procedure will take place entirely online.
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies View 42 other Masters in International Relations in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to be eligibile for admission, you need to have a minimum three-year undergraduate degree AND completed at least 36 ECTS in specific study areas, including Economics, Law, Political Science, Social Science and History. For more specific information, please consult the programme's official web page or contact us!
- You need a certified B2-level knowledge of English if you decide to apply for one of the curricula offered in English
- You need a certified B2-level knowledge of Italian and English if you decide to apply for one of the curricula offered in Italian
- A Teaching Committee assesses your CV to make sure you have adequate personal preparation. In addition, you must declare a B1-level knowledge of ONE of the following languages: Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese or Brazilian, Russian, Spanish
International2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2100 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2157 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2157 EUR per year during 24 months.
To make education as affordable as possible to all, Ca' Foscari offers tuition fee reductions to students coming from non-OECD countries, with fees sometimes as low as 700 euro per year. Contact us for more information.
Living costs for Venice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
As a public university in Europe, Ca' Foscari not only keeps tuition fees low, but also provides targeted financial aid for high-achieving international students. Ca' Foscari University offers high-achieving international students renewable scholarship packages of various sizes, ranging from 6,500 euro a year for bachelor's students to 8,000 euro a year for master's students.
These scholarship packages are designed to offer support for the full duration of an award-winner's degree.
To be eligible to apply, you will need a minimum 8.5/10 CGPA. Complete information about the requisites and procedures to apply are at the dedicated webpage.
The regional government also offers financial aid for international students from low-income families for which you can apply after enrolment
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.