What to expect from studying this Cyber Security program
In fact, there are all sorts of fields where you can put your degree to good use. And because cyber security can take on so many forms, we've brought together faculty from departments in both the College of Arts and Sciences and the Collat School of Business to create this program. As part of the core curriculum, you'll take courses and labs in networking, network security, computer security, computer forensics, cyber risk management, and information security management.
Then, you can either focus on cyber investigations, evaluating digital evidence and learning legal rules in cybercrime investigations, or you can learn legal elements of fraud investigation in IT audit/fraud examinations. Finally, we'll help you line up an internship to get real-world experience before you finish your degree and begin your career.
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham Center for Cyber Security lets students gain real-world experience, and many have been recruited from the center by companies like Google, eBay, and Facebook.
- Information security analysts earned an average of $95,510 per year in 2017 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Networking Laboratory
- Network Security
- Network Security Laboratory
- Computer Security
- Cyber Risk Management
- Information Security Management
- Computer Forensics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 1043 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- We accept students from undergraduate programs including criminal justice, computer science, electrical and computer engineering, MIS, IT, business, and accounting, as well as other science and social science fields. Regardless of specific undergraduate preparation, you will need to have formal exposure to the core areas of computer forensics, including cybercrime and its investigation, IT auditing/forensic accounting, fundamentals of computer and Internet literacy, probability and statistics, computer programming, networking, logic, discrete mathematics/logic, and information security management.
- If you do not meet this background requirement but meet other admission requirements, you will be admitted on a contingency basis and be required to take a series of prerequisite courses that allow you to gain the necessary background to be successful in the program.
International34230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1141 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1066 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 450 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.