This non-clinical Dental Materials Science course from University of Sheffield is run jointly with the Faculty of Engineering. It gives you a comprehensive education in basic materials science and the use of materials in dentistry and surgery.
- You’ll be taught by some of the leading academics in the fields of bio and dental materials science, tissue engineering, materials characterisation and biomedical engineering. You’ll also learn the principles of research and different techniques for evaluating dental materials and related health technologies.
- There is a need for clinicians and non-clinicians to gain skills and expertise in these fields so they have a deep understanding of the science underpinning the use of materials in dentistry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Tissue Engineering
- Dental Materials Science
- Selecting Dental Materials for Clinical Applications
- Research Problems and Approaches
- Structural and Physical Properties of Dental and Biomaterials
- Dental Technology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Dentistry View 147 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll need a dental or medical degree, or a minimum of a 2:1 honours degree in science or engineering.
- Other degree-level qualifications may be suitable so please contact us for advice.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.