These programs are for the truly committed – for those young artists who do have the aim to be on stage regularly. In the instrumental performance classes held two times a week through four semesters the goal is to achieve:
- technical abilities of a real virtuoso, playing stability and reliability, detailed stylistic knowledge of all major eras and genres of classical music related to the instrument studied, an ability to shape the musical process down to the smallest nuances and shades with ease and creativity, a fundamental respect for the composer’s instructions, put into a viable combination with the performer’s own ideas and personality, and, possibly most importantly:
- an open spirit with an honest motivation to, and ability of, getting in touch with the emotional essence of the music performed, and communicating it to the audience in a straightforward yet sophisticated manner. In addition to solo performance, chamber music also has an emphasized role in the program, with one lesson per week through all semesters, with the possibility of freely experimenting with several different ensemble formations, or studios of different chamber music teachers.
Playing in large ensembles such as an orchestra or chorus is also an integral part of the education. For pianists and guitarists we offer such experience in the university mixed chorus, where their musicianship is further refined by the practice of becoming a single part of a large polyphonic whole, having to think and feel far beyond the self.
For violinists and flutists, in addition to the abovementioned musical refinement benefits, it might be of vital interest in their near future to acquire practical, well utilizable experience in orchestral playing. We have designed the Classical Music Performance (Violin) program from University of Pécs to fulfill all these expectations with regular orchestral and choral concerts, with both regular and intense pre-concert rehearsal sessions, under the batons of nationally renowned professional choral and orchestral conductors.
Complementary subjects such as music history, analysis or composition practice serve to further widen the range of theoretical knowledge of the student, which, in an indirect and subtle way, later always puts itself in the service of the practice of music making on the stage.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music History
- Folk Music
- Composition – Style Studies
- Chamber Music
- Chorus / Orchestra
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 14 other Masters in Music in Hungary
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To apply to this program, you must have a BA degree in Classical Music Performance, or in a related field.
- If the applicant does not have a language proficiency certificate, but on the basis of the oral entrance examination their language proficiency is sufficient to complete the relevant programme, the entrance examination committee may waive this criterion.
- Portfolio - Collection of uncut video recordings of the applicant playing the following pieces of music
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Application fee: EUR 100
Living costs for Pécs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.