The Biology programme from University of Pécs offers full 2-year-education in biology. Special directions from the second semester offer more laboratory practice in molecular biology or more courses in ecology.
The basic subjects are presented in lectures, seminars and laboratory or fieldwork. The program provides a wider view of the related scientific fields (biophysics, biological chemistry).
The students will familiarize their knowledge with the most modern instrumentation in our new research centre. It covers all aspects of education, research and innovation in the fields of biomedical, natural and environmental sciences. It also provides an opportunity to join the research work in 22 different research groups operating in the building.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biophysics lecture
- Molecular Cell Biology lecture and practice
- Developmental and Stress Physiology of Plants lecture
- Molecular Genetics lecture
- Biological chemistry lecture and practice
- Regeneration Biology and Tissue Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 5 other Masters in Genetics in Hungary
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Pécs and/or in Hungary, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Demonstrated evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. Certified B2 intermediate English knowledge
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) from 3000 to 3500 characters
- CV in English
- Transcript of previous studies (and their English translation)
- The payment receipt of the application fee of 140 €
- Medical certificate, vaccination card (showing that you are immunized against HEP B and HIV test)
- Obtained BSc degree
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Application fee: EUR 140
Living costs for Pécs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.