This Translational Neuroscience course at University of Sheffield is focused on the molecular basis of neurodegeneration, and looks at how laboratory research relating to brain structure and function informs the development of new therapies for diseases of the nervous system.
- Combining the research strengths from the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health and the Faculty of Science, leading international basic and clinical scientists will provide an innovative and progressive programme. You’ll study basic neurobiology and molecular biology through to neuroimaging and applied clinical practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- CNS Structure and Function
- Pathology and Modelling of Neurodegeneration
- Ethics and Public Awareness of Science
- Literature Review and Critical Analysis of Science
- Mechanisms of Neurodegenerative Disease
- Applied Neuroimaging, Neurophysiology & Psychiatry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Neuroscience View 946 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll need a 2:1 in an appropriate scientific subject.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27350 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.