This Neuroscience and Neurodegeneration course at University of Sheffield enables you to apply the fundamentals of neuroanatomy and neurobiology to better understand the clinical features of patients with neurodegenerative disease, the molecular and cellular mechanisms underpinning these devastating disorders, and learn how insights from the laboratory are translated into benefits for patients.
- It is focused around areas of research strength in Sheffield, including motor neurone disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
- This course takes a programme level approach with a balanced portfolio of formative and summative assessments, including an emphasis on development of communication skills and application of knowledge to real world situations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration
- Novel Therapies for Neurodegeneration
- Literature Review
- Professional and Research Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Neuroscience View 11 other Masters in Neuroscience in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll need a 2:1 in an appropriate scientific subject. Applicants with a 2.2 will need to provide a strong supporting statement and will be interviewed by telephone.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4333 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4333 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4333 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4333 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.