With the Master’s degree in American Legal Studies - Health Law from Hofstra University we train our students to become first-rate legal representatives to all of the health care system’s stakeholders.
Hofstra Law students have worked in these selected internships and externships:
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island
- HIV Law Project
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Nassau County Department of Social Services
- Nemours Office of Child Health Policy and Advocacy
- New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation
- New York State Department of Health, Office of Professional Medical Conduct
- New York State Mental Hygiene Legal Service
- New York State Office of the Attorney General, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit
- New Yorkers for Patient & Family Empowerment
- Northwell Health
- Office of the Cook County (Illinois) Public Guardian
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Health Law and Policy Clinic
- Public Health Law, Policy, and Ethics
- Health Law and Policy Capstone
- Representing Health Care Providers
- Health Law
- Law, Health and Technology
- Mental Health Issues in Criminal Justice System
- Housing and Health
- Business Transactions in Healthcare
- Clinical Bioethics II
- Housing Practicum
- Modern Divorce Advocacy
- Medicare and Medicaid Law
- Clinical Bioethics I
- Medical Malpractice
- Healthcare Compliance
- Employment Law
- Law and Medicine: Cooperative Professionalism
- Global Compliance in the Digital Age
- MLP Practicum
- Elder Law
- Interdisciplinary Seminar on Family Law and Policy
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Legal Studies Health Sciences View 483 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our Admission Committee looks for students who have achieved an Internet-based-TOEFL (IBT) score of 100 or higher, paper-based TOEFL score of 600 or higher or computerized TOEFL score of 250 or higher.
- International students with a foreign law degree seeking to sit for a U.S. state bar exam should speak with their state bar association to determine the eligibility requirements.
International88980 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1483 USD per credit
National88980 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1483 USD per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.