The MA in Architecture from Università Iuav di Venezia gives students an excellent preparation for the evolving demands of society, both in the technical-scientific area and the humanities. It teaches how to cope with present-day problems related to urban and natural landscapes. It focuses on the conservation and transformation of different architectural and urban contexts, with special attention to environmental, economic and social sustainability.
This programme prepares students to tackle pressing architectural, urban and environmental issues in the national and international scenes.
It offers updated visions of architecture and integrates them with ideas from global culture. It employs the most innovative techniques and methodologies to train generations of digital natives. This also means providing cross-disciplinary competences in:
- urban projects and theories on the city, with their related issues of sustainable growth and sustainable de-growth;
- Italian cultural heritage and its conservation through regenerative projects that can be applied to other countries and contexts;
- interior and exhibition design – a global asset for today’s architects.
The Iuav MA in Architecture offers student-centred learning through problematisation, experimentation and critical reflection by applying a variety of methods and practices to finally acquire advanced skills and reach informed positions.
The modules taught in each semester are developed in synergy. They are research-driven in order to present design as a process of inquiry. Each semester includes one integrated design lab and two theoretical courses.
MA students are highly qualified to fill important positions in both national and international agencies.
They can work in public institutions, private practices and public companies in the fields of construction and urban and regional planning.
MA is a prerequisite to take the Italian State Exam to qualify as licensed architects.
Iuav Placement Services help postgraduates to find the most suitable opportunities for internships and land future jobs, both in Italy and abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Urban Design & Performance
- Sustainable Property Investment and Valuation
- City dynamics and economics
- Architecture, Interior and Creative Exhibition Design
- History of contemporary architecture
- Theory and History of Representational Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 6 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
In order to be admitted to the selection process you must have obtained one of the following qualifications, or obtain it within 31 July:
- degree earned in accordance to D.M. 270/04, for programmes related to degree class L-17;
- degree in Scienze dell’architettura (class 4) in accordance with D.M. 509/99, obtained at Iuav;
- degree or university diploma (also foreign) which allows the recognition of the mandatory 108 ECTS planned for degree programmes related to class L-17.
Foreign qualifications with programmes which do not fully satisfy the above-mentioned requirement, but with exams related to the didactic area listed above will be submitted to an evaluating committee.
International2780 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2780 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2780 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2780 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Venice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Università Iuav di Venezia offers scholarships and tuition fee waivers for international students enrolling in bachelor's or master's degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.