The Master of Science Business Analytics Online program from the University of Massachusetts Boston covers theories of powerful techniques and quantitative methods in Business Analytics and how they are applied in the real world.
The program focuses on using current software tools to study effective techniques of problem formulation, developing solutions with mathematical and algorithmic techniques, and methods for implementing those solutions with technology.
International students will be required to maintain full-time student status (minimum of 3 courses per semester).
The MSBA program offers students a choice of two specializations, Big Data Analytics and Supply Chain Analytics. Each includes a core of analytical courses, elective courses in that specialization, and a capstone course.
- Big Data Analytics
The Big Data Analytics specialization focuses on data mining and analytical techniques, big data management, storage, and modeling. The objectives consist of enabling students to process big data in an effective and efficient way, discover knowledge patterns in big data, build predictive models, and use big data to answer business questions.
- Supply Chain Analytics
The Supply Chain Analytics specialization focuses on data analytics and decision-making in the context of a major functional area in businesses—supply chains. The specialization offers courses on analytics in service operation. The objective is to use data and data modeling to optimize activities within the supply chain and consequently maximize the organization’s competitive advantage.
- Database Management Systems
- Enterprise Business Intelligence
- Multivariate Statistics and Regression Analysis
- Enterprise Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Decision-Making Models
- Project and Change Management - Capstone Course
- Track A: Big Data Analytics - 5 elective courses - OR -
- Track B: Supply Chain Analytics - 5 elective courses
- 12 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Business Intelligence & Analytics View 983 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Online application with application fee
- Current professional résumé highlighting professional and academic contributions/qualifications.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended, both undergraduate and graduate. Applicants must have the equivalent of a United States bachelor’s degree to be eligible to apply. All transcripts are required, regardless of whether credits were transferred
- Official GMAT or GRE scores - not required for admissions cycles through Spring 2022 due to COVID-related closures of testing sites.
- 2 letters of recommendation from professional or academic references
- Applicants must provide the name and email address for 2 references as part of the online application
International17250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 575 USD per credit during 12 months.
National17250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 575 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State17250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 575 USD per credit during 12 months.
As a public university, tuition is currently based on a student's residency status. Note that online courses are not subject to residency at $575 per credit.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.