Internationally distinguished as one of the best master programs at a global level, it will hereafter be lectured in English, reinforcing its international scope, conscious that on the oceans we meet the main challenges and opportunities for sustainable global development.
NOVA School of Law is the sole Portuguese institution forming part of the UN and Nippon Foundation of Japan, with a program of study devoted to the Law of the Sea.
It is engaged in supporting students for both public and private entities, as well as in research at some of the most important international institutions on maritime issues.
The Law and Economics of the Sea - Sea Governance course at Universidade Nova de Lisboa offers specialized training paths on the sea via a multidisciplinary and integrated approach committed to sustainable development.
It offers a Post-Graduate Certificate (1st phase) while simultaneously generating the conditions to continue studies towards the completion of our Master’s degree in Law and Economy of the Sea (2nd phase).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Maritime-Portuary Management and Portuary Law
- European Sea Law
- Insurance Law
- International Law of the Sea and Maritime Law
- International Courts and the Sea
- Maritime Security
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Submission of applications will be possible from 14th of June to 14th of July
DisciplinesInternational Law Natural Sciences Natural Resource Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Final grade of the degree which the applicant is applying with (50%);
- Relevance and suitability of previous background to the master’s degree course with regard to the pluridisciplinary nature of the course (50%); the jury assigns each applicant a grade of 0 to 20, based on analysis of the letter of motivation and curriculum vitae. If necessary, the members of the jury may decide to conduct an interview with all or some of the applicants.
- Due consideration is given to: (i) a degree in Law, Economics, Management, Public Policies, Marine Sciences, Political Sciences, Military Sciences, Social Sciences; (ii) for post-Bologna graduates, a degree corresponding to at least 240 ECTS;
- Applicants with a rating lower than 9.5 will automatically be excluded.
International3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 EUR per year during 24 months.
- first year - 3900€
- second year - 1000€
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.