Business is now conducted on a global scale. If you want to be among the next generation of business leaders, you need to adapt accordingly, communicating effectively over, national, social and cultural boundaries.
This Business Communication for International Leadership Master's degree course gives you the tools for conducting successful high-level business in an international setting. You'll develop your business leadership and communication skills while learning about working effectively in different cultural contexts.
When you graduate you'll be ready to work internationally in managerial and leadership positions, in areas such as marketing, international banking, human resource management, public relations, sustainability management, stakeholder management, logistics, and distribution management.
This course is designed for non-native speakers (for applicants whose first language is not English). If you are a UK student, you can apply if English is not your first language.
What you’ll experience
On this Business Communication for International Leadership Master's, you'll:
- Develop skills in areas vital for business success, including change management, stakeholder management, reputation management, employee relations, sustainability, strategy, and managing diversity
- Learn to engage effectively with international stakeholders
- Develop your language, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills so you can engage effectively in dialogue and negotiations across international boundaries
- Cover key leadership theories and management principles and learn how to apply them in practice in an international context.
- Learn how to understand and address cross-cultural differences, so you can lead a diverse, international workforce effectively
- Immerse yourself in current industry practice by engaging with experts during your studies, through guest lectures, interviews and discussion forums with industry personnel and practitioners
Transferable skills you'll develop include:
- Critical thinking
- Negotiation techniques
- Presentation skills
Work experience and career planning
After you graduate, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from the Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
When you graduate, you'll have a highly sought after skillset and could work in areas such as:
- Corporate communication
- Public relations
- Social enterprise
- Management consultancy
- Human resources
- Logistics and distribution
Because of the course's focus on leadership and management, roles you could aspire to include:
- Head of corporate marketing
- Public relations specialist
- Sales director
- Management consultant
- HR manager
- Director of public engagement
- Global sustainability manager
You could also continue your studies at PhD level or set up a business with help and support from the University's Careers and Employability service.
We can support you in looking for volunteer or part-time work experience while studying. This helps you to apply and further develop what you learn on the course and give your CV a boost.
Our Careers and Employability service can help you find positions in over 200 local and national organisations, including:
- Local theatres
- Prison services
- Adult social care
- IT support services
We've created business relationships with many organisations for student volunteering opportunities in the past. These include:
- Mary Rose Museum
- The Royal Navy
- Portsmouth Mediation Service
- Portsmouth City Council
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- British Heart Foundation
- Spurgeons Children's Charity
Teaching and programme assessment
Teaching methods on this course include:
- Workshop sessions
- One-to-one and group tutorials
- Academic skills development workshops
Teaching staff on this course include experienced experts in:
- International business
- International management
- Intercultural communication
- Professional communication
- Academic and language skills development
- Research methods
You can access all teaching resources on Moodle, our virtual learning environment, from anywhere with a web connection.
You'll be assessed through:
- Case study analysis
- Oral presentations
- Report writing
- Written assessments
- Dissertation/major project
You’ll be able to test your skills and knowledge informally before you do assessments that count towards your final mark.
You can get feedback on all practice and formal assessments so you can improve in the future.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication in Professional Contexts
- Intercultural Communication in Business
- International Leadership and Managing Diversity
- Strategies for Sustainable Leadership
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- September 2022
- January 2023
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Corporate Communication International Business View 603 other Masters in International Business in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
A second-class honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. Equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications will be considered.English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.