Key Features of the Environmental Economics and Management master’s program at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The two-year Master program of the Department of Environmental Economics and Management provides the students with knowledge and training, focusing on economic problems in the areas of environment and natural resources, marketing and finance. The teaching and research topics include theories of microeconomics and macroeconomics, public economics, governmental intervention to control environmental impacts, rational dynamic planning of production and use of natural resources, industrial organization, mechanism design, game theory, political economy, and more. Taught by internationallyrecognized scholars, the M.Sc. Program in Environmental Economics and Management equips students with solid foundations in economics, state of the art quantitative tools, and frontier knowledge in the chosen fields of specialization.
Students participate in research projects conducted by the Department's faculty members in the framework of their master thesis, and enjoy an active, cohesive and stimulating academic environment in which to lay the foundations for a productive career. A long trajectory of successful placements endorses the quality of our program. Our graduates are pursuing careers in the job market for economists, and many hold managerial positions in various organizations in the business and public sectors, including governmental agencies, financial institutions, consulting companies, and international organizations. Some have been successfully accepted to top doctoral programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The teaching and research topics include theories of microeconomics and macroeconomics, public economics, governmental intervention to control environmental impacts, rational dynamic planning of production and use of natural resources, industrial organization, mechanism design, game theory, political economy, and more. Students participate in research projects conducted by the Department's faculty members in the framework of their master thesis.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
32 or 44
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Agriculture View 6 other Masters in Environmental Management in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem and/or in Israel, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelors degree from a recognized university
- "B" average in undergraduate studies or its equivalent. These are the minimum admission requirements. Many departments are selective and require a higher grade average.
- Additional exams may be required, such as the GRE or GMAT.
- Knowledge of English: All candidates are required to meet English proficiency requirements as listed in the program website. TOEFL and IELTS are recognized.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4868 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4868 USD per year during 24 months.
National3898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3898 USD per year during 24 months.
- Annual tuition for all other programs – 14,042 NIS
- Annual tuition for Non-Israeli citizens for all other programs - 17,533 NIS
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.