As part of the China Studies program at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem , students will specialize in the same geographical region (China, Japan, or India and Indonesia) they chose for their BA studies. MA students will participate in advanced seminars, guided reading classes, and other courses from within and outside the department upon approval from the MA advisor.
The Department of Asian Studies currently offers an English-language graduate program in the China section only. The MA program includes a wide variety of courses on Chinese history, archaeology, philosophy, intellectual history, political thought, traditional China’s interaction with Asian and European cultures, as well as culture, society, and politics in traditional, modern, and contemporary China.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The China Section offers two types of MA programs: a non-research MA, which requires 40 academic points, two seminar papers, but no research thesis, and a research MA, which requires 28 course points, a seminar paper, and a research thesis.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies View 12 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the English language MA program in the China Section requires a Lower Advanced level of English proficiency. Prior to graduation, candidates are expected to attain Upper Advanced level in English.
- The program is designed for students who wish to enhance their undergraduate major in Chinese studies with MA level training in the department. Candidates who did not major in Chinese Studies at the BA level will be subject to additional requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4868 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4868 USD per year during 24 months.
National3898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3898 USD per year during 24 months.
- Annual tuition for all other programs – 14,042 NIS
- Annual tuition for Non-Israeli citizens for all other programs - 17,533 NIS
Living costs for Jerusalem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.