On the strength of its multidisciplinary design, this Data Science programme at National Research University - Higher School of Economics (HSE) may serve as a backbone that is of interest to graduates of numerous faculties, as well as to staff members at research centres.
Graduates of the programme will be able to solve problems concerning data search, collection, storage, preparation and analysis, as well as interpretation of results in the area of specialization.
The aim of the programme is to train highly-qualified experts in applied mathematics, information science and data analysis.
The programme involves an in-depth study of mathematical methods of artificial intelligence models and modern methods of data analysis, mathematical and informational modeling of complex systems as well as computer realization of these methods. Knowledge and skills of graduates from this course are in demand by Russian Federation ministries and institutions, regional administrations and large companies.
The concept and the curriculum of the specialization in Internet Data Analysis have been developed in conjunction with Yandex. This track involves the teaching of special disciplines by the Company staff members, the participation of students, postgraduates and lecturers in projects implementing tasks suggested by Yandex and related to its business operations, vocational training for students in Yandex and joint research carried out together with Yandex staff.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modern Methods of Data Analysis
- Modern Methods of Decision Making
- Ordered Sets in Data Analysis
- Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Scientific and Research Seminar
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Artificial Intelligence View 22 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Russia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s (Specialist’s or Master’s) diploma and official transcripts of previous educational studies. (if you have not yet received your Bachelor’s diploma, please include an official copy of your most recent academic transcript).
- You need to have a degree in one of the following fields of study: Computer Science, Computer and Information Sciences, Applied Mathematics and Computer Science or at least to have courses in Algorithms and Data Structures, Programming, Databases Theory and Advanced Mathematics (Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability Theory and, Mathematical Statistics) in your diploma or certificates.
- CV, which confirms your professional experience (please indicate your position and the list of duties) or scientific activity in the Computer Science field of study, including educational internship.
- Letter of motivation
- At least one letter of recommendation
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2159 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2159 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
195 000 – 390 000 RUB/year
International students can apply to study at HSE for free through full-tuition scholarships. This merit-based scholarship will completely waive all tuition fees for selected full-degree Master's programmes at HSE.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.