The nursing course aims to be international and encourages applications from nurses and healthcare professionals practising in a broad range of nursing specialities, cultures and health systems. This online distance learning nursing course is ideal for nurses everywhere who want to develop their professional practice and move on in their careers.
The nursing course aims to:
- Provide a flexible programme of targeted education tailored to suit the needs of nurses or healthcare professionals who are, or intend to become, engaged in advanced nursing practice.
- Build on student's existing experience, knowledge and domain speciality.
- Develop each nursing student's critical faculties, analytical abilities and intellectual curiosity.
- Enable nursing students to engage critically with and contribute to research and advanced scholarship in their particular field.
The flexible online distance learning programme is perfect if you’re already in advanced nursing practice or you plan to be. It helps you build on your existing nursing experience and develop new nursing skills. And it’s value for money: you’ll get one-to-one tutorial support and regular interaction with other nursing practitioners from around the world.
The nursing course is normally conducted part-time over a three year period by online distance learning starting in September of each year. Each academic year consists of 30 study weeks and is split into two semesters lasting 15 study weeks each.
For the first 2 years you will complete 4 units a year, 2 units will run concurrently each semester. There are some compulsory nursing units which are integral to the nursing course and you are also given some optional nursing units. In the 3rd and final year you will complete an individual systematic literature review project supported by University staff and written up as a dissertation worth 60 credits.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Masters Level Study Skills
- Legal and Professional Issues in Health Care
- Information and Communication in Health Care
- Leadership and Change Management
- Research Methods
- Health Promotion and Education
- Evidence-Based Practice;
- Teaching, Coaching and Mentorship
- Key Issues in National and Global Public Health
- Recognising and Responding to Patient Deterioration in the Acute Setting.
The nursing course is taught entirely online. There is no need to attend in person. We expect you to contribute regularly to online discussion groups.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNursing View 27 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You’ll need a 2:2 degree in a relevant subject.
You must be a qualified nurse in your country of residence with at least 12 months‘ appropriate experience. You can be based anywhere in the world but you’ll need access to a computer with a broadband internet connection.
International3166 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3166 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National3166 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3166 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.