The course is relevant to all subjects and focuses on the improvement of individual practice through critical reflection and developing an understanding of research-informed practice. It enables you to compare teaching approaches in different countries and develop a global approach to education.
Delivered through our online learning platform, you will learn in a rich and rewarding online environment, engaging in professional discussions and communities of practice with practitioners in a variety of international contexts.
- develop the capability to motivate and inspire learners to succeed and progress through the implementation of a range of innovative, creative and adaptive teaching strategies
- discover inclusive and varied learning, teaching and assessment strategies to gain depth and breadth of knowledge and confidence in delivery
- promote critical reflection and the ability to link theory to practice to become confident, critical, creative, adaptable, articulate and inspiring educators
- develop your understanding of international educational contexts and approaches
- learn about research informed practice and demonstrate the capacity to actively engage in educational research within the practice context to support the enhancement of learning, teaching and assessment.
Career opportunitiesThe Education International (PGCEi) Learning and Teaching in International Contexts (Online) from Teesside University is aimed at current and aspiring educational professionals who have an interest in developing and enhancing their understanding of worldwide approaches to education. You will graduate with the knowledge and professional skills required to support your career development and pursue teaching roles in a range of international schools and educational settings.
- International Perspectives on Education
- Learning and Teaching in International Contexts
- Researching Education in International Contexts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation International Relations Teaching View 71 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
Entry requirements for this course are normally one of the following (including GCSE, or standard equivalent, in English and maths grade 4 (C) or above):
- First degree (minimum of a 2:2)
- A signed practice agreement form that confirms you are employed as a teacher within a school/ college in an international context. Alternatively, you must demonstrate that you have at least 50 hours of teaching practice agreed and are fully supported by a school/ college in an international context (with all local suitability checks in place). In all cases the practice agreement must show that the school/ college agrees to provide a mentor.
International1500 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 GBP per module during 12 months.
National1500 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 GBP per module during 12 months.
- £1,500 for each 20 credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.