Marine Biological Resources at Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology is a unique opportunity to study at a choice of nine European universities and receive one joint degree, while gaining access to Europe's top marine research institutes.
As a student on this exciting Masters programme, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of an international student community
- Experience the diversity of European marine ecosystems
- Choose a thematic specialization fit to your own personal interests
- Gain valuable skills through extensive practical and laboratory training
- Present your thesis at an international open symposium
- Research projects as an integral part of your study programme
- Participate in a 10-day field research project during the IMBRSea Joint School
The IMBRSea programme will prepare you for a broad range of careers from academic marine research to working within industry, governmental or non-governmental organisations.
Potential roles include:
- Fisheries biologist
- Marine consultant
- Ocean and coastal policy coordinator
- Contract scientific diver
- Marine biologist
- Marine park manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals module
- Professional Practice
- Joint Summer School
- Thesis Preparation
- Annual Symposium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A prerequisite for admission is that applicants have a Bachelor (or Master) degree in biology, ecology, environmental sciences, oceanography, marine sciences, geography, geology, veterinary medicine or other equivalent degrees with minimum 180 credits (3 years).
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.