This programme provides a high-quality qualification in management and leadership for health care professionals. In particular, the programme is suitable for:
- Mid-level public health officers seeking career progression or moving into leadership roles in government, NGO and multilateral organisations such as UNICEF, WHO, USAID, especially in low and middle income countries.
- Health practitioners taking up management roles in hospital or health departments.
- Managers of fast-growing health insurance and health maintenance organisations in low and middle income countries.
- Others from different disciplinary backgrounds switching career into health management and leadership.
Clinical commissioning groups will also benefit.Teaching
The health management course is taught entirely online. Before the health management course begins, we'll contact you with information on getting oriented to online learning.Our learning technologists are also on hand in case you have any questions about navigating your way around the web site. Many of our health management students are working full time and have family commitments so are limited to particular times of the day or week for study. We usually place 2-3 weeks of health management material online at a time, to allow you to complete tasks at your own pace. We recommend that you reserve enough time to complete each chunk of work before the next is posted online, because that will enable you to take part in online discussions and participative exercises with the rest of the class. Your health management module tutors will be available via discussion boards and online forums to answer questions about the course material.Assessment
Assessment is by coursework and project work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Managing People in Organisations
- Systematic Approaches to Evidence Assessment
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Leading and Managing Health Services
- Strategic Management
- Foundations of Leadership and Teamwork
- Health Needs Assessment, Planning and Evaluation
- Marketing of Health Care Organisations
- Using Policy to Strengthen Health Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHealth Management View 96 other Masters in Health Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
2:1 honours degree or relevant professional qualification and experience.
International5750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5750 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5750 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.