You will pay attention to the neurological and neuropsychological characteristics of the most common neurodevelopmental disorders and brain conditions in the pediatric population. You will also study the normal and pathological age-related changes in cognition, behavior and brain.
Focus on the relationship between the brain and behavior in humans.
- Disorders that are addressed include epilepsy, autism, ADHD, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, cerebrovascular diseases, and brain tumors. Emphasis throughout the program is on the biological origins and the brain mechanisms underlying these disorders.
- You will acquire in-depth knowledge and skills on both the assessment of these disorders, and on interventions aimed at treating them.
- Opportunities to do an external or internal internship, acquire the basic registration of psychodiagnostics (BAPD), and to fulfill the criteria for the registration of the association LOGO (Vereniging Landelijk Overleg Geestelijke Gezondheidszorg Opleidingsinstellingen). The internal internship concerns assessment by means of neuroscience methods, such as EEG.
- Learn to conduct independent research in the field of cognitive neuropsychology using state-of-the-art neuroscientific methods.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
This one-year master's track consists of 60 credits (ECTS): 4 core courses (24 ECTS), an internship (18 ECTS) and a Master’s thesis (18 ECTS)
The academic year is divided into 4 blocks:
- In Block 1, you follow the courses Developmental Neuropsychology and Assessment. You will start preparing for your internship.
- In Block 2, you follow the courses Neuropsychology of Aging, and Interventions. You will start working on your master’s thesis.
- In Block 3, you go on internship and work on the data collection and data analysis of your master's thesis.
- In Block 4, you continue to work on the data analysis, the reporting of your thesis and your internship.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences View 93 other Masters in Psychology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's and/or a Master's degree in psychology
- Advanced knowledge in research methods and statistics
- Knowledge of the basic psychological subjects
- Knowledge of specific (major) psychology courses
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15100 EUR per year during 10 months.
EU/EEA2253 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2253 EUR per year during 10 months.
Students with a Swiss or Surinamese nationality are on a par with students from EU/EEA countries.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.