Teaching in the Medical Engineering Design course from Keele University takes place at the Guy Hilton Research Centre, a dedicated research facility located on the Royal Stoke University Hospital site, and also at the main University Campus. The School of Medicine is one of the top-ranked in the UK, and the research institute has an international reputation for world-leading research in medical engineering and healthcare technologies.
The School embraces specialists working in Royal Stoke University Hospital, County Hospital in Stafford and specialist Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. You therefore have the opportunity to specialise in any of the varied clinical disciplines offered at these hospitals.
The School also runs MSc courses in Biomedical Engineering and in Cell and Tissue Engineering, and an EPSRC and MRC-funded Centre for Doctoral Training, ensuring a stimulating academic environment for students and many opportunities for engaging with further study and research.
The aim of the MSc in Medical Engineering Design is to convert you into a Medical Engineering Designer so that you can work in this highly regulated design discipline. Students are able to major in three distinct areas, medical devices design, sustainable devices design and formal, structured design per se, because the course develops your creative engineering design skills you will be able to transfer the skills and knowledge you develop into a range of industries.
Career areas include, engineering design or Intellectual Property protection (a patent lawyer for example), technical sales, consultancy or corporate finance, as well as progressing into research and development within an industry or in academia environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Engineering Applications
- Creative Engineering Design
- Experimental Research Methodology
- Engineering for Medical Applications
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no fixed closing dates for the majority of our courses, however some courses may become full and close early.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Design Human Medicine View 514 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- This is a “conversion” course and therefore you need not have an engineering degree to apply. You must have a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) based degree, but that could be anything from Biomedical Science, through Forensic Science, to Computer Science.
- We welcome applications with a first or second-class degree (or equivalent) in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline. We also welcome enquiries from people with other professional qualifications acceptable to the University.
- We recommend applicants discuss their first degree with the course tutor before applying to ensure that this course meets personal aspirations.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 GBP per year
National10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP per year
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.