Medical Engineering Design course from Keele University builds on our internationally-leading reputation for medical engineering and longstanding expertise in medical devices. Taking you to the next level of design competence, it will equip you with essential product design skills and the confidence to approach design problems as a professional engineering designer throughout the product development life cycle.
In the highly-regulated MedTech development industry, accuracy and safety sit at the heart of good engineering design – failure can cause serious harm to users and damage commercial prospects. Developing your understanding of the concepts that underpin medical device design, you’ll focus on the approval process from the beginnings of product ideation and initial concepts right through to testing and release to market.
The prevalence of chronic health conditions, such as heart disease, cancer and diabetes, has led to a rise in patients requiring diagnostic and surgical intervention and the medical devices to support this, fuelling the demand for medical engineers and designers.
The global medical devices market is projected to grow from US $455.34 billion in 2021 to US $657.98 billion in 2028, with leading market players, like Johnson & Johnson, Novartis AG, Abbott Laboratories, Medtronic investing billions in R&D.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Engineering Applications
- Creative Engineering Design
- Experimental Research Methodology
- Engineering for Medical Applications
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no fixed closing dates for the majority of our courses, however some courses may become full and close early.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Design Human Medicine View 537 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- This is a “conversion” course and therefore you need not have an engineering degree to apply. You must have a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) based degree, but that could be anything from Biomedical Science, through Forensic Science, to Computer Science.
- We welcome applications with a first or second-class degree (or equivalent) in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline. We also welcome enquiries from people with other professional qualifications acceptable to the University.
- We recommend applicants discuss their first degree with the course tutor before applying to ensure that this course meets personal aspirations.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21900 GBP per year
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year
UK Part time £6,400 per year.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.