A Master of Arts degree in Teaching from Texas A&M University Central Texas will prepare you to obtain licensure as a Texas K–12 classroom teacher in elementary, secondary, or special education.
The university-based post-baccalaureate certification route consists of six certification courses to provide students with the foundation for effective teaching.
Additionally, students participate in a full-time, yearlong paid internship, and all coursework applies to master’s degree completion.
Our education professors all have decades of experience, both in the classroom and in teacher preparation, enabling students to benefit from the kind of learning and guidance that not only builds on your content area knowledge, but enhances long-term career goals as well.
- Elementary teachers (public or private school)
- Middle School teachers (public or private school)
- High School teachers (public or private school)
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills to earn teacher certification in Texas.
- Be employable as educators in Texas.
- Create effective curriculum.
- Provide high-quality instruction.
- Conduct research on relevant issues to curriculum and instruction.
- Techniques of Research
- Foundations and History of Education
- Methods of Effective Teaching
- Introduction to Exceptional Learners
- Creating and Managing Learning Environment
- Literacy Development
- Teaching Internship
- Advanced Instructional Strategies for Diverse Learners
- Cultural Diversity in Schools and Community
- Curriculum Design and Implementation
- Language and Social Studies Seminar
- Teaching Mathematics and Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1667 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A minimum of 18 semester hours with no letter grade less than a “C” in the certification subject area
- Successful admission to graduate school
- GRE scores if the applicant has a 2.75-2.99 GPA. Required Scores: Verbal Reasoning 157, Quantitative Reasoning 155, and Analytical Writing 4.5
- Successful completion of professional interview measuring knowledge, experience, skills, and aptitude with a combined minimum score of 45
- Successful completion of writing sample with a combined minimum score of 14
- Evidence of good moral character and the mental, emotional, and physical ability to function effectively in a classroom based on the interview
International7810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3905 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3905 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State2746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1373 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.