Graduates of this Marriage and Family Therapy program are equipped to bring needed change and relief to distressed families, couples and individuals. Our diverse faculty team seeks to serve students and families in Central Texas.
Texas A&M University Central Texas provides the only MFT Program in the Central Texas area. The program prepares students to effectively serve family systems in a collaborative environment conducive for working within the broader health care system through learning, therapeutic practice and community involvement. Students learn ethical responsibility to ensure professional practices and develop personal and professional growth through intentional self-awareness and self-reflection.
Students participating in our practicums will gain real-world experience serving distressed families in the Central Texas region through The Community Counseling and Family Therapy Center, as well as our practicum site partners.
Our program will maintain collaborative relationships with broader healthcare organizations and agencies and will place its students in those settings to develop the critical consciousness and systemic framework necessary to serve area individuals, couples, and families.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in private practice or an agency
- Family Researcher
- Media Personality
- Introduction of Marriage and Family Therapy Theory
- Advanced Marriage and Family Therapy Theory
- Ethics in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Assessment and Treatment of Diverse Families
- The Person of the Therapist Identification
- Marriage and Family Therapy Pre-Practicum
- Marriage and Family Therapy Research Methods
- Diverse Couples Assessment and Treatment
- Gender and Sexuality in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Medical Family Therapy
- Combat Related Trauma
- Behavioral Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 994 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative transfer GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum 30 academic, college-level transferable semester hours
- Must be eligible to return to all previously attended institutions
- Applicants pursuing an Applied Science or Aviation Science degree may meet this requirement utilizing select workforce education credit from an approved Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree upon completion of 45 hours, to include all general education courses within the AAS.
International7810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3905 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3905 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State2746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1373 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.