It is estimated that the planet’s population will increase from 6.7 to 9 billion in the next 30 years, and that we are currently depleting the world’s resources 1.5-2 times faster than they can be replenished by nature.
This is clearly unsustainable, which has given rise to a growing consensus that current business and leadership models based on unbridled growth and consumerism in the pursuit of maximizing profits to the detriment of employees, society, and the environment are untenable, and that solutions for a sustainable, flourishing world require a new leadership paradigm for building the kind of world we want to live in and that we want our children and grandchildren to inherit.
As a MS One Planet Leadership student from One Planet Leadership, you will cultivate the leadership and management skills essential for sustainable business development and operations.
Our emphasis on taking action through global awareness, cross-cultural sensitivity, strong communication skills, creativity and innovative problem-solving, the creation and maintenance of collaborative partnership and productive teams, and the enactment and support of socially responsible behavior will equip you to become a self-aware, sustainability-conscious leader prepared to address the critical economic, social, and environmental issues facing today's organizations.
- Leadership for Sustainability — Establish vision and value congruence in teams and organizations to implement organizational change and sustainable development initiatives in a dynamic and complex business environment
- Problem Solving — Address operations and service-related sustainability challenges by applying solution-based knowledge and tools for institutional change
- Organization Design — Build and communicate the case for sustainability, including opportunities and challenges, by conducting and implementing an organization design analysis for sustainable effectiveness
- Agility — Flexibly navigate the dynamic global context for sustainable development, utilizing critical knowledge, models, methods, and tools inherent in leadership for sustainability
- Cultural Intelligence — Lead diverse, cross-cultural teams through a common vision and effective interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills
- Stakeholder Focus — Identify and address sustainable development issues within a complex internal and external stakeholder environment
- Ethical and Social Responsibility — Identify key issues and lead organizational initiatives that foster ethical and socially responsible practices for sustainable effectiveness
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Research Methods
- Organizational Behavior
- Sustainable Business: A One Planet Approach
- Responsibilities and Ethics of Leadership
- Designing Organizations for Sustainable Effectiveness
- Global Leadership for Sustainability
- Leadership Formation and Development
- Sustainable Operations & Services
- International Management for Sustainability
- Cross Sector Partnerships for Sustainability
- Development & Change for Learning Organizations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- May 1st (Early deadline)
- July 1st (Regular deadline)
- August 1st (Not likely to be considered)
- International Students: March 1st
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Master in Management (MIM) View 1841 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- GMAT scores (if required). Contact the graduate school to determine if required.
- An essay of 500 words explaining your career goals and qualifications to be an asset to the OPL program.
- Two professional letters of recommendation (contact graduate school for recommendation form).
- Resume or CV.
International7810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3905 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3905 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State2746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1373 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.