While studying MSc Energy Technologies and Economics at KTU you will analyse dilemmas connected to greener and economically feasible ways of producing electricity, and gain the skills and knowledge needed to tackle the most pressing problems of the contemporary world.
During your studies, you will learn to develop complex, more efficient energy systems, you will gain interdisciplinary knowledge on energy production, distribution, economics, development of the energy sector. Through research projects, you will learn how to make economically sound engineering decisions and to be able to effectively solve various problems in the energy sector. The knowledge gained in the master’s Energy Technologies and Economics study programme will help you address long-term energy development planning, regulation challenges. Your studies will equip you with risk and need forecasting skills, and competencies to reach informed and creative solutions to the problems of the energy sector.
The comprehensive interdisciplinary knowledge of the technologies and economics of energy generation, transmission, distribution, and effective use make the graduates of this study programme a valuable asset to any company in the energy sector. The professionals, who can control electrical power engineering objects and reach economically reasonable engineering solutions, who can conduct research and provide solutions for sustainable development of the electric power industry are in high demand in the global job market.
- A unique programme for future managers in the energy sector: you will acquire not only technological but also economics education
- Access to the labs with the latest equipment, such as the largest in the Eastern Europe renewable resources lab or Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab
What will you study?
- Energy: resources, production, transmission, distribution, use and accumulation
- Economics: economic analysis and evaluation, management of finances, regulation and control of energy markets, accounting and management
- Energy systems: structure, sources, management and planning, reliability, security, strategy
- Analysis of systems: composition and structure of systems, multi-criteria tasks, imitation modelling, the theory of usefulness
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Energy Technologies
- Energetic Systems Analyses
- Energy economics
- Energy Systems
- Managerial Economics
- Power Energetics Systems
- Thermal Power Plants
- Financial Management Decisions
- Markets of Energy Resources
- Power System Planning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
- a university Bachelor’s degree(min. length – 180 ECTS) in the field with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%),
- motivation (skype interview)
- At least 2 reference(s) should be provided
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Partial tuition fee waivers (up to 50%) are available for all the students, depending on their chosen study programme and their admission score.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.