The Biomedical Science (Medical Microbiology) programme from Keele University focuses on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment infectious diseases, incorporating the study of microbiology and virology.
Comprising of all aspects of human health and disease, biomedical science is one of the broadest areas of modern science and medicine. By developing new treatments and uncovering new knowledge which can save and improve lives, it is arguably one of the most important too.
Biomedical science sit at the heart of multidisciplinary teams in healthcare, providing the vital scientific information which informs clinical decisions, monitors patient conditions, investigates disease and identifies ways to stop or fight infection.
The roles open to you on graduation are vast and varied and include: drug testing, infection control, cancer screen, forensics, pharmaceutical research, blood donation, transfusion services, rapid response labs, point of care testing, armed forces, and teaching. You could also enter the commercial field in technical support roles and sales in the research and healthcare markets.
This programme is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) as the professional body of Biomedical Scientists within the United Kingdom. The IBMS aims to promote and develop the role of Biomedical Science within healthcare to deliver the best possible service for patient care and safety.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomedical Ethics and Grant proposal
- Research Methodologies
- Medical Microbiology
- Project Management and Business Planning
- Advanced Laboratory Techniques
- Infectious Diseases
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no fixed closing dates for the majority of our courses, however some courses may become full and close early.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Microbiology View 477 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Keele University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants are expected to hold either a 1st or 2nd class honours degree in Biomedical Science, or equivalent Life Science bachelor programme. Applications from candidates who do not meet this criteria, but can demonstrate appropriate professional qualifications and/or experience will also be considered. Note that applicants who have attained the IBMS Specialist Diploma may be eligible to enrol with accredited prior certified learning with reduced tuition fees and limited module exemption.
- Students who do not meet the entry requirements for this course, we offer the opportunity to take a Pre-MSc programme. For more information follow the link to the Graduate Diploma in Biomedical Science course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK Part time £5,500 per year.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.