The Adult and Higher Education program at Texas A&M Texarkana focuses on Workforce Development/Human Resource Development, but students may tailor their assignments and projects to a specific field of practice, such as industry, instructional technology, adult literacy/ GED, community education or a faith-based context.
- Training specialists in the for-profit or non-profit sector, such as manufacturing, healthcare, or any context where staff and employee development takes place
- Training and Development Manager
- Education and Development Manager
- Training and Development Coordinator
- Technical Trainer
- Instructor for Career and Technical fields at Community Colleges or Proprietary schools
- Staff positions or Leadership roles in the Community College or other higher education settings
- Curriculum designers or program planners
- Director of Adult Basic Education or a Literacy Council
- County Extension Agents
- Military Trainers
- Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice Trainers
- Staff in Civic, Social and Non-Profit Organizations
- Teachers of English as a Second Language (ESL) to Adults
- Teaching or workforce training
- Program planning
- Instructional design
- Assessing individual learning
- Evaluating program outcomes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Higher Education View 124 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or 2.90 GPA in last 60 hours of undergraduate degree program
- Three recommendation letters from faculty and/or employers
- Cover letter of interest, citing professional goals and why the student believes this program is suitable for him/her; cite some academic background information as well
- Advising session with Program Coordinator prior to entering the program – can be accomplished in person or by telephone
- Extemporaneous writing sample conducted on-site
- Official scores on the GRE or MAT
International10458 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5229 USD per semester during 24 months.
National10458 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5229 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State4180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2090 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.