The Master of Arts degree (M.A) in Counseling and Guidance - School Counseling from Texas A&M San Antonio requires 51 credit hours ofcounseling coursework. This degree is designed to satisfy academic requirements for School Counselor Certification in the State of Texas. To satisfy the 60-hour Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) academic requirements in the State of Texas, students may add 9 hours of prescribed counseling coursework to the 51-hour plan.
Individuals with a bachelor’s degree and an interest in developing the skills necessary to be effective mental health professionals should apply. Applicants interested in School Counselor Certification will need to document two years of teaching experience in an accredited school.
- Research in Counseling
- Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Theories of Counseling
- Counseling Diverse Populations and Military Cultures
- Professional Orientation and Ethics
- Theoretical Foundations of Individual, Couples and Family Counseling
- Abnormal Human Behavior
- Counseling Techniques
- Group Counseling Techniques
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Educational Psychology View 563 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
- Submit all official transcripts (undergraduate and graduate course work) from every prior college/university attended.
- Applicants must be awarded a baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited institution before admission into a graduate program can occur. Degrees received must be posted on the transcript of the awarding institution.
- Students admitted must also submit official Graduate Test Scores (GMAT, GRE, MAT) by mid-semester of their first application term of graduate courses to register for subsequent semesters.
International2748 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2748 USD per year during 12 months.
National2748 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2748 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for San Antonio
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.