The Paediatrics and Child Health with Clinical Practice programme from University College London (UCL) combines lectures and seminars at the UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health in year one with direct exposure to clinical practice in Great Ormond Street Hospital in year two.
The programme will include disease pathology, the assessment of patients and the different therapies available, as well as their limitations and side effects.
You will have the unique opportunity to directly observe the implementation of clinical knowledge in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of paediatric disease.
The programme provides an ideal foundation for further doctoral research in this field and/or a career in research and evidence-based practice in paediatrics.
You will learn practical academic and clinical skills in acute and chronic paediatric practice and will gain the ability to apply these in your working environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCompulsory modules
- Evidence-based Child Health
- Applied Statistics for Health Research
- Specialist Paediatrics
- Clinical Practice: Acute Paediatrics
- Clinical Practice: Chronic Paediatric Conditions
- Clinical Practice: Health Service Structure and Specialised Services
- Clinical Practice: Process Mapping via the Patient Journey
- Research Project Report
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 897 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Medically qualified applicants should have post-qualification experience in paediatrics or child health.
- Non-medically qualified applicants should normally have a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, and several years' specialist experience of working in hospitals, community child health or public health services for children and families.
International27850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27850 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA13850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13850 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.