The Musculoskeletal Science MSc from University College London (UCL) aims to give students, in a multidisciplinary setting, a holistic view of musculoskeletal science, orthopaedic bioengineering and medicine, and provides an in-depth knowledge of specific areas appropriate to each student's individual interests.
Students on this MSc programme acquire essential scientific knowledge, improve their basic research skills, and are equipped with the ability to solve the musculoskeletal problems emphasised within the NHS framework.
The programme emphasises the four major areas as identified by the Bone and Joint Decade - arthritis, osteoporosis, trauma and spinal disorders, and transferable skills and research methodology in orthopaedic bioengineering.
This programme offers students from a wide variety of disciplines the opportunity to gain a higher degree in an exciting and rapidly developing field, and equips them to make a strong contribution to the development of musculoskeletal services. The students can develop their careers in the healthcare sector, medical device industry and bio-industry, regenerative medicine, regulatory bodies, as well as the academic community.
- Clinical Aspects of Musculoskeletal Medicine and Surgery
- Musculoskeletal Tissue Biology - Form and Function
- Musculoskeletal Biomechanics and Biomaterials
- Research Methodology and Generic Skills
- Musculoskeletal Tissue Biology - Disease and Dysfunction
- Research Governance
- Clinical Experience in Musculoskeletal Surgery
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesBiology Public Health Health Sciences View 488 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class medical degree or UK Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National19400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.