Why study this Population Health degree at University College London (UCL)?
UCL has a worldwide reputation in understanding health inequalities, and the social determinants of population health and causes of diseases. UCL is ranked 10th place in the world for Public Health in the Shanghai Ranking Global Ranking of Academic Subjects. You will benefit both from learning from and networking with leading researchers working in these fields.
UCL can bring the full power of a multi-faculty university to bear on discussions of population health, involving academics from the wide range of disciplines necessary to tackle some of the most difficult issues in public health.
You will gain knowledge and transferable skills relevant to careers in public health, health policy, epidemiology and healthcare management, as well as in associated areas such as urban and environmental planning and health financing.
You will gain interdisciplinary skills and knowledge in population health which are core to careers in the health sector and beyond. Optional modules will enable you to focus the development of your skills in research methods; public health and health systems; sexual health and infectious disease; and health across the lifecourse. Discussions on the policy and practice of population health will help you engage with and apply critical thinking to real-world problems.
- Core Concepts in Population Health
- Health Systems in a Global Context
- Basic Statistics for Medical Science
- Advanced Statistical Modelling
- Urban Health
- Key Issues in Health Service Delivery, Policy and Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1013 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- An upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard; or a professional qualification in a health-related area such as medicine or nursing of an equivalent standard.
- Relevant research, work or volunteer experience will be viewed favourably. Students without the minimum academic standards may be considered if they have extensive relevant work or research experience.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,400
- International: £14,700
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.