This Psychological Sciences (Conversion) MSc online from Brunel University London - Online is designed for those from a non-psychology background, aiming to enhance their existing professional skills with data analysis skills.
The course is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), which means you'll be eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) from the BPS, essential for pursuing a career in recognised psychology professions.
Take your first steps toward becoming a chartered psychologist with Brunel. Wherever you want to go in your career, this course is designed to build a strong foundation in the psychological knowledge and practical research skills needed to succeed.
You will learn to design, carry out, and critically evaluate empirical research tasks, and use current and emerging psychological knowledge to inform your studies.
Blending academic theory with practical application, this MSc online course will provide you with advanced knowledge of the biological, cognitive, and social aspects of psychology, and build your skills in different research methods.
Studying online gives you the opportunity to earn an internationally-recognised UK master’s degree without leaving your home. You are not obliged to attend campus lectures, meaning you can watch them on the online platform at times that work for you. During the course of your studies, you’ll have access to:
- Engaging study materials: Your resources will include video lectures, case studies, class forums, and podcasts
- Support and guidance: Your dedicated programme tutor will guide your academic development from day one
- Your virtual campus: Study from any location and build connections with like-minded professionals worldwide
- Open Library: Online students will have full access to Brunel’s expansive digital library for books, articles, and electronic resources
By studying your degree online, you’ll join a network of students and professionals around the world, enriching their lives by taking the next positive steps towards rewarding careers.
Graduates of the Psychological Sciences (Conversion) MSc online will:
- Develop a critical awareness of historical and contemporary perspectives in psychology.
- Build advanced analytical skills and learn how to interpret test results effectively.
- Learn how to compose written and oral presentations and deliver ideas with confidence.
- Develop your knowledge of major theories and empirical studies, and how they have impacted society.
- Design rigorous research projects to examine and evaluate contemporary psychological theories.
- Apply the most appropriate statistical tests to your research data and critically evaluate the findings of published studies.
In addition to building a solid foundation to pursue a career in clinical psychology, you’ll also gain the transferable skills, knowledge, and expertise sought-after by employers in a variety of sectors. Graduates may choose to explore career opportunities in media, marketing, HR, law enforcement, finance, health, and education, as well as government and non-governmental agencies and healthcare organisations.
Brunel Online During the Covid-19 Pandemic
We’d like to reassure you here at Brunel that under the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, as a dedicated provider of online learning, we will continue to offer you the resources and support you need to study your online programme successfully. All start dates for 2020 are going ahead as scheduled.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Brunel’s Psychological Sciences (Conversion) MSc online course contains nine compulsory modules preparing you for a career in psychological research and hypothesis testing.
The compulsory modules cover topics ranging from qualitative research approaches to social determinants of health status, and includes a dissertation.
- Introduction to Psychological Sciences
- Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology
- Qualitative Research Methods in Psychology
- Biological Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Individual Differences
- Development Psychology
- Empirical Psychology Project
"The Psychological Sciences (Conversion) MSc online course gives individuals from all backgrounds the opportunity to enter the field of professional psychology across a fascinating mix of career pathways. I am delighted that we are now able to offer this course online to students worldwide, and I look forward to welcoming you to the Brunel University London community.” Dr. Survjit Cheeta
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 33 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Lower second class (2:2) (or above) UK honours undergraduate degree in any subject, or international equivalent.
- Minimum grade of C in GCSE-level mathematics, or equivalent qualification.
- Non-native speakers of English need at least 6.5 overall in IELTS (with no less than 6 in any one component), or an equivalent English language qualification.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.