Why study this Social Research Methods MSc degree at theUniversity College London (UCL)?
UCL Social Science is a research-intensive department with world-leading experts in quantitative, qualitative and systematic review methodology - as well as a broad range of social science substantive subjects. We have a lively community of staff, PhD, MSc and undergraduate students involved in seminars, workshops and reading groups in addition to formal teaching.
Our department specialises in applying research methods to inform policy in areas such as education, health, labour markets, human development and child/adult wellbeing.
The department’s staff have a broad range of interests, which includes expertise in economics, sociology, psychology, social statistics, survey methods and data collection, mixed-methods research, and the techniques of policy evaluation.
Graduates of this programme are currently working as:
- university and college lecturers and researchers
- civil servants
- third sector employees
- social researchers
- market researchers.
Many employers seek graduates with skills in research methods, including government departments, academic institutions, the media, finance and marketing.
- Introduction to Qualitative Methods
- Introduction to Regression Analysis
- Survey Design
- Systematic Review Design and Planning
- Longitudinal Data and Analysis
- Impact Evaluation Methods
- Using Stata Efficiently and Effectively
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Educational Research View 537 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University College London (UCL) and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, in a social science discipline.
International25800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £6,450
- International: £13,300
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.