Students can construct their study in an inter-disciplinary manner, enabling them to explore urban design as a critical arena for advanced research and practice.
This Inter-disciplinary Urban Design programme from University College London (UCL) provides an interdisciplinary space in which students can examine the challenges of urban design from comparative disciplinary perspectives; students are exposed to the latest cutting-edge urban design research and teaching at the UCL Bartlett and are offered the opportunity to conduct a substantial piece of individual urban design research, receiving training in methodologies appropriate to the conduct of urban design and urban scale research.
The programme opens up a range of future opportunities for participants along two primary paths:
It provides an opportunity for students seeking to further their professional careers, to specialise in urban design and, within that broad arena, to engage deeply with a particular research agenda of direct relevance to their future professional practice
For students seeking a research or academic career, the MRes provides the ideal training for a PhD and eventually an academic or other research position.
- Interdisciplinary Urban Design
- Urban Investigation
- Urban Design Research Project
- Anthropology of the Built Environment (Anthropology)
- Digital Infrastructure: Materiality, Information and Politics (Anthropology)
- Spatial Cultures (Architecture)
- Architectural Phenomena (Architecture)
- E-merging Analysis and Design Project (Architecture)
- E-merging Design Research (Architecture)
- Space Syntax Methodology and Analytical Design (Architecture)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it's full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 122 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor's degree in a cognate discipline or a relevant Master's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
International23800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12730 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12730 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £6,340
- International: £11,860
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.