Supervised by our renowned specialists, you will deliver a rigorous research project with the potential for publication in a respected journal and/or a conference presentation.
You will be taught through a combination of online or face-to-face lectures, webinars, seminars, workshops journal clubs and tutorials. Your performance and progress will be assessed by online and unseen written examination papers, written reports and coursework and oral presentations. The research project is assessed by thesis and viva voce.
This Surgical and Interventional Sciences programme at the University College London (UCL) has enabled graduates to progress in surgical training, to redirect their interests (to Radiation Oncology) or, as experienced graduates, become consultants in specialist surgical fields, throughout the UK and overseas. Examples include Consultant in Colorectal Surgery, Royal Free Hospital NHS, Senior Fellow in Microsurgery training, Perth Australia, Senior Oral Surgeon, KRG, Iraq.
- Surgical Skills (Microsurgery)
- Surgical Skills (Robotics)
- Research Methodology and Transferable Skills
- Surgical Oncology
- Applied Tissue Engineering
- Transplantation Science
- Stem Cells and their Applications in Surgery
- Performing Systematic Reviews of Interventions
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1774 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A medical qualification from a UK university or an overseas qualification of equivalent standard. Applicants may have clinical experience, but this is not essential.
International35100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £8,250
- International: £17,550
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.