- to follow study-units in six areas of study, i.e. Fundamental Pastoral Theology, Social Ministry, Catechetics, Liturgy, Church Development, and Pastoral Counselling/Spiritual Direction,
- to participate in seminars which give them an opportunity to study the links between one area of ministry and another and to share their ideas with the group,
- to spend a period of their pastoral formation in ministry placement, to enable them to get 'experience' in different fields of pastoral ministry,
- to compose a dissertation, in a way which reflects their ability to think critically and focus clearly on an area of pastoral concern, utilising research methodology and pastoral resources.
Career opportunities and access to further studies
This canonical degree is recognised as an academic degree which enables one to teach in a major seminary or equivalent school and which is therefore required for this purpose (Cf Apostolic Constitution Sapientia Christiana).
Holders of this degree are eligible to register for third cycle programmes leading to a Doctoral Degree in Sacred Theology (S.Th.D).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dissertation Seminar
- Building the Ecclesial Community
- Social Ministry in a Global Perspective
- Pastoral Theology: History, Method, Basic Concepts
- Specific Areas in Liturgy (Homiletics and Confession)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of:
- a Bachelor's degree in Sacred Theology (S.Th.B.) or equivalent obtained with at least Cum Laude, or
- a qualification considered by Senate, on the recommendation of the Board, as being comparable to the qualifications listed above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21600 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Total Tuition Fees: Eur 21,600
- Yr 1: Eur 10,800 - Yr 2: Eur 10,800
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.